After the successful installation of SQL Server Reporting Services and when you are trying to access the Report Manger via link: http://localhost/Reports an error message is prompted when you click on Report Builder:
The error message is:
To use Report Builder, you must install .Net Framework 3.5 on this computer. To visit the Microsoft Download Centre and install .Net Framework 3.5, click install.
If you already have .Net Framework 3.5 installed, then you do not need to do this. Even if you install it again, it will still prompt you with the same message again.
This is a problem with Internet Explorer version 9. To by pass this, simply click on the compatibility icon, then try to access Report Builder again. This time it will work.
Now you will see the Report Builder has launched:
Hope this helpful and send me your questions if you have problems or write in the comments.
In one of the projects that I worked for, I had to export data from the report manager in Pipe Delimited format. None of the export options that come standard include Pipe Delimited. So, here is a solution that I found that might be useful to you as well. I appreciate if you leave some feedback in the comment’s area or if you have any other suggestions.
1) The first thing we need to do is to edit the configuration file for reporting services. This file is called: RSReportServer.config
2) By default this configuration file is located in the \Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.n\Reporting Services\ReportServer
3) Save a copy of the file in case you need to roll back your changes
4) Open the original file in Notepad or a code editor. Do not use Textpad
5) Add the following code to your <Render> node:
<Extension Name="PIPE" Type="Microsoft.ReportingServices.Rendering.DataRenderer.CsvReport,Microsoft.ReportingServices.DataRendering">
<Name Language="en-US">TXT (Pipe delimited)</Name>
6) Save the file
7) Go to the Report Manager http://localhost/reports and open any report
8) Use the export option and you should see Pipe Delimited listed
I hope this is helpful to you and don’t forget to leave some feedback.