In one of the projects that I worked for, I had to export data from the report manager in Pipe Delimited format. None of the export options that come standard include Pipe Delimited. So, here is a solution that I found that might be useful to you as well. I appreciate if you leave some feedback in the comment’s area or if you have any other suggestions.
1) The first thing we need to do is to edit the configuration file for reporting services. This file is called: RSReportServer.config
2) By default this configuration file is located in the \Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.n\Reporting Services\ReportServer
3) Save a copy of the file in case you need to roll back your changes
4) Open the original file in Notepad or a code editor. Do not use Textpad
5) Add the following code to your <Render> node:
6) Save the file
7) Go to the Report Manager http://localhost/reports and open any report
8) Use the export option and you should see Pipe Delimited listed
I hope this is helpful to you and don’t forget to leave some feedback.